Looking for a 2012 calendar that features some of the most famous Alps cycling climbs in France, Italy, and Switzerland? Here are two to choose from.
A new one for 2012. And, after some positive feedback, an updated 2011 Calendar of famous climbs - with 2012 dates. Each comes in two sizes - see below.
To purchase, click any of the links below and you will be redirected to the QOOP.com site - orders are placed directly with them. Here's a video of the new calendar. Each photo page in the calendar is higher quality and zoomed out - and has a calendar - see well below.
FLICKR set here
A few quick points:
- I am making no money from this. The price is just what is charged by the printing company QOOP. Orders are placed directly with them.
- I am not (even remotely) a professional photographer. All the photos are taken using a portable digital camera. But the quality of the photos has turned out well even for the larger calendar. This is just for fun.
- While there are cyclists (sometimes me) in a few photos, I have tried to pick photos that highlight the beauty of the climbs.
- I've had nothing but good feedback on service and quality from QOOP. Although American, they deliver globally and many of the 2011 purchasers were from Europe.
- Each climb is labeled in the calendar version.
I have Will's calendar posted in my office. Every month, when I turn the page, I have at least three or four incredulous people ask me, "People ride up that? On bikes? Seriously?" Yes, seriously. I've found myself staring at the photos, wishing I was there (perhaps not doing the climb on my bike but watching the action unfold in front of me). But, instead, I'm stuck inside, in front of my computer. At least I have Will's calendar to give me a few minutes of "happy place" each day. And, I also have managed not to sneak a peak to the month's ahead so the picture is a surprise - each one more beautiful than the last. Also, they remind me to HTFU when I start feeling whiny about the first hill on my commute home . . .
Got my calendars today – the big ones (and they are in fact a bit bigger than I expected ). Beautiful pictures and very nice quality of paper! Thanks again for your effort.
The Famous Climbs Calendar
Below is a preview of the 2nd calendar - it received good feedback last year. It's the exact same from 2011 - with 2012 dates of course. I call it the Famous Cycling Climbs calendar.
The climbs include:
Passo Gavia, Col du Galibier, Col de la Madeleine, Alpe d'Huez, Col du Glandon, Passo dello Stelvio, Col de la Colombière, Mont Ventoux, Col du Tourmalet, St. Gotthard Pass, Col de la Croix Fry, and Passo Sella. Each climb is labeled on the calendar. Preview of all the photos below (of course, they each come with a calendar page in the finished product). FLICKR set here.
During slide show click on photo for details:
The New Calendar:
* plus postage