I've got used to ask technical questions to expert folks here and they have helped me a lot on the inclusion of the road racing discipline on my menu of cycling equipment and skills. Before I give details so you can answer the title questions I will give you an update about my latest decisions:
I am riding a Canyon Ultimate CF. Couldn't be happier with the bike, light, confortable, stiff and responsive. Great bike.
After a period using my XTR pedals on the road bike I needed to buy new shoes and decided to go for Look Keo 2 Max with grey cleats. It took me a lot of time to adjust the left foot cleat (maybe next one will be red), but now I am pretty happy and definitely feel that it was a good move. The road pedals give me noticeable more support.
Now...data for your help on the flp:
- We don't have a lot of mountains in Panama, so races here are usually flat to hilly
- We have time ITT and TTTs I am using my road bike with aero bars for them
- We don't have criteriums (last year we had just one).
- Races are about 100km long on my category.
- I want to use the wheels both for the TT and the road races
- Roads are usually kind of rough around here
and finally....I am not a light climby guy (185 cm & 79 kg)
- Don't focus solely on price...I am looking for good value and definetely perfomance.
I don't even now if I go for clinchers or tubulars......thanks in advance for sharing your expertise.