Superprestige Series overview
One of the more colorful subjects in the history of mankind is Chinese hells. I couldn't hope to sort it all out, but apparently there are either 10, 18 or 134 levels of hell in Chinese (re. Buddhist) mythology. Among them are such hellish realms as the Mountain of Knives, the Hell of Dismemberment, the Pool of Blood (everyone into the pool!), the Ice World, and who could forget, the Hell of Torture Involving Animals. Been trampled by cattle lately?
Well, if you've raced the pro cyclocross circuit in Belgium, your answer to that last question may be yes. Fall on a slippery descent in the first lap and you'll know what I mean. More to the point, though, is that the Belgian Levels of Hell, while less celebrated, are not to be overlooked, especially during 'Cross season. There's the Hell of Slippery Cobblestones, which every Flemish roadie hopes to visit in the afterlife. You know that one well. But what about the Pool of Mud? What about the Ice Parcours? The Hell of Torture Involving Hairpins?
The Superprestige Series includes several hells, including the most delicious of all (non-chocolate category): the Hell of Being Cast Into a Sand Pit. That's Zonhoven. Good times. Here's your Superprestige website, and the calendar:
- Ruddervoorde (Bel) on Sunday, October 7, 2012
- Zonhoven (Bel) on Sunday, November 4, 2012
- Hamme-Zogge (Bel) on Sunday, November 11, 2012
- Asper-Gavere (Bel) on Sunday, November 18, 2012
- Casting (Ned) on Sunday, November 25, 2012
- Diegem (Bel) on Sunday, December 30, 2012
- Hoogstraten (Bel) on Sunday, February 10, 2013
- Middelkerke (Bel) on Saturday, February 16, 2013