Canadian and Kiwi talent rounds out the US-based Vanderkitten team.
Vanderkitten Athletics today announced their roster for the coming season, comprising of 12 athletes from the US, New Zealand and Canada.
The US-based women’s team, sponsored by Vanderkitten Athletics for a seventh year, will compete in NRC and NCC events as well as select UCI events.
New to the team in 2013 are:
- Canadian Criterium Champion, Rhae Shaw, formerly of Exergy Twenty12.
- New Zealand’s Sophie Williamson, 20x National Junior Road and Track Champion.
- Former Primal MapMyRide teammates Liza Rachetto, Emily Kachorek and Jessica Cutler.
- Jennifer Reither, 2008 USACycling Madison Champion
- Starla Teddergreen
- Kate Chilcott, 2012 UCI Road World Championships New Zealand National Team Representative
- Ruth Winder, Multitime USA Cycling Junior National Champion Road and Track
New Pro Recruits:
- Jeannie Kuhajek (NZL)
- Elle Anderson
- Amy Charity
In 2013, Vanderkitten will not be partnering with Focus bikes, instead the women will ride the Wilier Triestina Zero.7, Zero.9 and Twin Blade.
Sophie Williamson and Kate Chilcott will kick off the Vanderkitten year at the Calder Stewart Bike NZ Elite Road National Championships in Christchurch, NZ on January 12. The first team event will be GP San Miguel on February 27, followed by Vuelta Ciclista a El Salvador and Redlands Cycling Classic in California.