There doesn't seem to be a preview for the TT. I can't be bothered to do one but did have some observations to share...
- It's flat. Really flat. By my reckoning barely 125m for the mens course. Less for the girls. What climbs there are are steady drags - it gets no steeper than a 200m long stretch of maybe 6% at around the14km mark
- It really isn't very technical. Take a look at this map. Look at those long straight bits. There are only about four corners between 24km and 39km.
- The road surface is crap.
- I think the route may trace a missing sign of the Kingston Zodiac.
- The route manages to pay homage to important eras in British History. It starts and finishes outside the grand Tudor palace of Hampton Court where Henry VIII got through a few wives having nicked the place of Cardinal Wolsey. The Victorians and their great civic works are represented by the reservoirs around Molesey. And in Surbiton thoughts will turn to those British staples sitcoms, allotments and Felicity Kendall's bottom, courtesy of the Good Life.
- This is the women's startlist and here's the men's