Hello. This weekend a bunch of PdC types are planning to reconnoitre the Olympic Road Race course. The more the merrier so anyone who wants to come along would be welcome, though you will need to be moderately fit.
Here is the detailled plan:
- Meet 8 am near the Victoria Memorial outside Buckingham Palace (unfortunately the Mall is shut so we can't do the proper start / finish) or 8:45 am at the Roehampton Gate entrance to Richmond Park
- We'll do two climbs up Box Hill not the full nine for the race - total distance will be 140km - you can see the route at this link: http://connect.garmin.com/course/1268591 and download it onto your GPS
- Tea and cake will be partaken of at the National Trust shop at the top of the hill - those who only feel up to one Box Hill climb can wait and nurse a warm beverage while others complete the circuit
- The pace will be steady and moderate, and we will regroup at the top of climbs - no-one will be dropped though I may politely point people to a station if they are really struggling
- You'll need to bring everything you need to look after yourself and your bike
- Wearing of PdC kit encouraged
If you plan to come along, please post below to let me know how many to expect - including if mates will be coming too. Also grateful if you could rec this post so it doesn't get lost beneath the stage predictor game.