I've got an old niterider firestorm (? i think that's what it's called) HID light. it's worked great for years, good light output, good burn time... a couple years ago, the burn time started getting much shorter, so i got a couple equivalent batteries online and wired them in. everything was back to normal, good light, spare battery.
the issue is, it has now stopped working. the batteries seem to charge up fine (the little light on the charger goes from red to green after a few hours). when i plug the light in, the on/off button on it lights up red. when i press the button, nothing happens.
i'm guessing it could be one of a few things. bad bulb, busted ballast, or bunk batteries. does anyone have any experience replacing bulbs or ballast on those things? is it worth the trouble? should i get a new fancy LED light instead (trick question, i already did, pro 1800, damn that thing's bright)? any thoughts would be appreciated.