Quick roundup from a slow week...
- ROY? VeloNews agrees with us.
- Some interesting tidbits from the CN notes, such as a piece about Pereiro and Valverde channeling Miguel Indurain. Can Sammy Sanchez ride a time trial? I have no way of knowing, but I'll guess that by year's end he will be Spain's second best rider.
- Oh, and the Tour de Langkawi lineup is in. Bouygues Telecom, Credit Agricole, Francaise des Jeux, AG2R and Unibet.com are all headed to Malaysia. If you ever want a list of teams to cut when you make the Pro Tour smaller (say, 15 teams), just look at the Langkawi team list.
- Italy updates include Il Falco lining up for the double, and Bettini speculating that he's got two seasons left. I don't know much about Bettini the person, but he doesn't strike me as the type to walk away; more the kicking and screaming type. He's talking a lot about Flanders, and the retirement angle will amp up the Boonen-versus-Bettini fun in April. Savoldelli likes this year's Giro better. He should; last year's was poison to him.
- Operacion Puerto isn't done yet.
- More drive time with Pez. Is anyone else a little troubled by the fact that an overwhelming percentage of Pez non-news pieces involve beer and cars?
- Need help with base building? Steal this book! Or, buy it.