Mostly M-SR coverage today...
- Paolo Bettini is up to 90 minutes in his training efforts, as the swelling in his knee and ankle subsides. His start is no longer in doubt, though of course what happens next is.
"I'm feeling better every day, even if I'm still in pain. It's bad luck that the Milan-San Remo is the longest race of the season. I hope the pain will not hamper my performance."
- Boonen's pick to win Saturday? Tom Boonen. Quoted in BiciRace.com, he says of Petacchi: "I have been following the Tirreno-Adriatico and he has not impressed me very much."
- As for Boonen's prep:
- CSC for Cancellara? Hey, it's worth a try, nothing else has worked. O'Grady was their original choice before crashing out. And Cancellara has a 4th at Paris-Roubaix, so he's not out of the question.
- Rebellin is the obvious choice at Gerolsteiner, but Heinrich Haussler and Markus Zberg will be waiting for their chances if Rebellin misses the key moves. This is a confident team right now, I would guess.
- Plan B at Davitamon? Pez checks in on McEwen, who is in rough shape:
Will there be a Leon Van Bon sighting??