Drew broke the Communidad Valencia withdrawal here moments ago, which is the big news of the day. So as not to distract from that too much, I'll keep it short.
- Tour de Suisse: It's always a good day when the big race is won by the rider with Cycling's most threatening name. David Herrero was the real protagonist of the day, but he couldn't stop Vicioso from the winning move. Party's over in Switz now, as the climbing begins in earnest tomorrow.
- Lots of interviews these days, so here are today's best: Valverde talks to CN, while the Paceline posts part two with Eki.
- Pez ponders the meaning of Levi's Dauphine win.
- VeloNews still has the nerve to ask Tom Boonen if he plans to win the Tour.
- Cool website I just came across: VeloArchive, a British site with lots of historical info.
- Last, some transfer gossip, lifted from CN's wrapups:
"I want to stay with the team," Pozzato said. "I'd like to continue to work with Tom Boonen. The World Champion and I have found each other this season." The other Italian in the team, Paolo Bettini, has proposals from T-Mobile, Liquigas and Lampre, and it is doubtful that team director Lefévère has the budget to hold all three: Boonen, Pozzato and Bettini.