The level of chatter is reaching schoolyard proportions, and with two days off from the World Cup, things could get very noisy indeed. Today it's previews till you choke:
- Pez, at last, steps up to the plate. Best looking preview, as always.
- Eurosport has apparently written its preview, which you can read if they ever fix the link.
- At least Daily Peloton gets its links straight.
- They're biased... but FWIW the Paceline offers its two cents.
- Speaking of bias, VeloNews outsources its preview to Discovery Channel teammate Michael Barry.
More besides Jan vs. Ivan, on the flip:
- The Official Tour Site has been running two interviews a day with the not-so-obvious faces of the race. Interesting stuff... this link is the most recent version, use the drop-down in the upper right corner to navigate.
- Remember, the Tour organizers said only yesterday that they will not prejudge rumors implicating Jan Ullrich, merely because a newspaper published something. Nobody's guilty til proven, right?
Astana Wurth was refused participation in the Tour's team presentation, which is scheduled for Wednesday evening in Strasbourg. The Tour organisers are still against having the team in the race, but it will be up to the Court of Arbitration of Sport to decide whether it can race. A decision on that is expected on Friday at midday.
LeBlanc's name may have shifted over to the "emeritus" space, but ASO are still jerks.
- I can't explain why, but I might be seriously rooting for Paco Mancebo this year.
- If you didn't already regard Ullrich as something of a cartoon, T-Mob's crack artists help you get the picture.
- Whoa... old fat guys can still ride the Tour! I wonder how many feed zones there are on the stage to Morzine?
- Watch Lance parry with the best.
- If somehow you still think Bob Roll is funny, this is for you.