In case you haven't heard, Landis' excuse was that they noticed a cut in his tire at the last second... and didn't seem to know it was the last second. So he was messing around not knowing he'd missed his start. Anyway, a quick news roundup:
- Race stories up everywhere; the best isPez, or at least the most colorful. Also, Eurosport makes their effort too.
- Not to miss a beat, CyclingNews gets right in Thor's face with a mic.
- Apparently Hincapie was gunning for the stage win:
More on the flip...
- Before we get away from the Prologue, Pez rides the course... and almost does work up a sweat.
- It's always nice to get straight dope from Robbie McEwen.
- Stuey O'Grady runs a diary at CyclingNews.
- Daily Peloton talks to the Green Bullet.
- CN also hears fromo Pat McQuaid regarding yesterday's scandals.
- A little sidebar to the scandal:more than 100 athletes from other sports are implicated too.