The tribuites will be steadily flowing out of every media outlet you can think of over the next seven days, from ESPN to Letterman to the New York Review of Books. OK, that last one is uncertain, but prepare for the onslaught, and all the "in France there's a race called the Tour" explanations.
Here's what the pros are saying...
- Pez does its thing. As does the estimable Mr. Abt. Silence from Prof. Wilcockson, though mostly because I can never seem to open the VeloSnooze site.
- ESPN is jumping on the bandwagon, as they do this time of year. Some good post-stage quotes.
More, more, ...more!
- Phonak gets its gloat on.
- L'Equipe calls this Floyd'sTour d'Honneur, which is undoubtedly nicer than the doping insinuations they were planning.
- Interesting article from the New York Times about Landis' win-bonk-win sequence, including the suggestion that it wasn't a coincidence:
- Cycling Revealed posts some
final impressions on the race and the Phoenix.
- Andy Hood gives ESPN his top 10 moments from the Tour.