If there is one noticeable trend this year, right off the bat, it's the media saturation around this Tour. Everyone is running rider diaries, everyone claims to have a blog (a term now applied to everything from audio clips to print magazine articles), everyone has a broadband highlight show. Earlier today I ran down the daily show at Cycling.tv, plus linked to the video explosion at VeloNews, and introduced the Broadband Racer, if you didn't already know about it.
Here's a quick look at just some of the regular features you can kill time with. I'm sure this is just a partial list, since it's getting late and I'm too tired to find them all. Feel free to write in with your additions, and we'll get a nice thorough list going. Oh, and for the record, I'm not technically taking the month off from work...
- Stuey O'Grady diaries at CN
- Levi Leipheimer video-diaries at CN.
- Maggie Backstedt diaries at Pez.
- Launch the Dave Zabriskie audio blog at Missing Saddle.
- Andreas Kloden diaries at T-Mob.
- Chris Carmichael gets all high n mighty at the Paceline. They also offer Fresh Brew, Chris Brewer's column, and an audio podcast updater which you can launch here.
- Phil and Paul do video blogs for World Cycling Productions.
Remember, this is a partial list only... Or, forget about it and keep it simple here at the Cafe...