It's a new year, which means things will now be completely different, a total fresh start. Gone from the feedbag are tired stories of Spanish doping probes and bad Oscar Pereiro quotes. As for what's in? Personally, I'd love to spend the next four months obsessing over the classics and semi-classics. CycleSport Mag's year-end review issue has a spine-chilling recitation of last year's Cobbles season, reminding me of why I subscribed to the mag in the first place. Anyway, on to the news...
- Mr. Pez himself has a new year's editorial bringing hope for 2007.
- Speaking of classics, CN has QSI photos from a recent training session. Amusingly, the pix were embargoed til after the first so Specialized could roll out their new bikes. Or something like that.
more on the flip...
- Cycling Revealed starts 2007 by Looking ahead to the Tour Grand Depart in London.
- Wiesenhof go 70s retro with their snappy new kits. This is just the sort of development that shows they're Pro Tour ready for 2008.
- CN notes:
Basso to MSR.
- Say it ain't so:
Der Jan disses Ete? Not pretty.
- Speaking of across the Pond, King Kelly isn't wild about the testing regime. Remember, he's a team manager, not just a random voice from the past.
- Eurosport has a nice review of 2006 in pictures.
- Pez does their own look back... to their greatest hits. Sadly, there is little drinking involved.