One minute, thirty four seconds. Not even enough time to sufficiently microwave a burrito. Here are some other time markers, to put Cadel Evans' deficit to yellow into perspective. Feel free to add your own.
- Time it took the Minutemen to get ready for battle: 2:25
- Time required for my espresso machine to warm up: 3.17
- Time required for Filippo Pozzato to position his time trial helmet: 4.51
- Total elapsed hair and helmet preparation time, Filippo Pozzato: 17.32
- Time required to make minute rice: 1.00 (so they say)
- Elapsed time spent planning this post: 0.45
- Average elapsed time for DS Little Bear to put on his shoes, from first request to completion: 22.02
- Cumulative time spent by Stefan Schumacher in deep, meaningful contemplation, 2008 Tour de France: 1.28
- Time spent discussing who will win this time trial: incalculable
- Total elapsed time, 2008 Tour de France, Carlos Sastre: 82.54.36
- Gaps between top four as a percent of total time: approx. three hundredths of one percent.
More nonsense, on the flip:
Cadel's video valentine to the yellow jersey: