Not quite the mega-battle we speculated about, but I suppose it's understandable: 11 stages left, hills tough but not super-selective, and the mother of all time trials coming Thursday. When Coppi made this stage his signature, it was two days before the end of the race; not so here. Instead, we got another fine classics-style stage battle, won of course by the Killer of Spoltore. The longer this race is raced on his terms, the better he looks. But that's still bound to change. Stage finish:
- Danilo Di Luca, Lpr
- Franco Pellizotti, Liquigas, at 10"
- Denis Menchov, Rabobank, s.t.
- Carlos Sastre, Cervelo, s.t.
- David Arroyo, Caisse d'Epargne, at 26"
- Juan Mauricio Soler, Barloworld, at 29"
Current overall has Di Luca ahead of Menchov by 1.20 and Rogers by 1.33.