Lovely scenery today, and some really cool moments (Casar bridging up to LuLu & co on a descent), but very little of importance. One wonders if the Tour people really believed that somehow a stage ending in a 30km descent would cause a result, but more likely everyone knew this would be a GC nothing-burger. Results:
- Luis Leon Sanchez, Caisse d'Epargne
- Sandy Casar, Francais de Jeux, st
- Mikel Astarloza, Eusketel-Euskadi, st
- Vladimir Efimkin, AG2R, +3"
- JJ Rojas, CdE (+1'54")
No change on GC, which Astana probably appreciates. Look for them to avoid yellow tomorrow too, since it's the last day before a thankless week of defending on flatter stages. In case you forgot:
- Rinaldo Nocentini, AG2R
- Alberto Contador, Astana, at 0.06
- Lance Armstrong, Astana, at 0.08
I won't be around much today, big family action here, but please do keep the chatter going. We will do additional post-race threads if it starts bulging like yesterday.