Not surprising to see the field shattered, by a combination of conflicting agendas, exhaustion from the last couple days, and crosswinds. The break didn't stay away en masse, but Thomas Voeckler made it pay off with a late attack, soloing home in a moment of ultimate French glory. There may be some people disappointed with that result, particularly in the field, but I find Voeckler impossible to dislike. And I can't believe he'd never won a stage before... few riders over the last five years have put themselves into more fruitless attacks. Chapeau!
- Thomas Voeckler, Bbox Bweeg
- Mikhail Ignatiev, Katusha, at 0.07
- Mark Cavendish, Columbia, s.t.
- Tyler Farrar, Garmin-Slipstream, s.t.
- Gerald Ciolek, Milram, s.t.
No real change to GC, except for Robert Gesink's disappearing hopes:
- Fabian Cancellara, Saxo Bank
- Lance Armstrong, Astana, at 0.00.22
- Alberto Contador, Astana, at 0.19