Demolition derby today, as the peloton met rainy urban roads and the slipping (on paint strips?) began. We are awaiting carnage reports, but one potential victim is Michael Rogers, who looked bad, and Tom Boonen, who looked bruised. On the flipside, when things weren't going haywire, we got to watch David Millar time-trialing to a near solo victory, before a heart-breaking catch on the Montjuic in Barcelona. Beautiful stage, unbelievable crowds, exciting day, capped by a small group of overall contenders and classics-type sprinters battling for the stage. Cavendish could only look on from the back of the group as Hushovd got his first win of this Tour.
- Thor Hushovd, Cervelo Test Team
- Oscar Freire, Rabobank, s.t.
- JJ Rojas Gil, Caisse d'Epargne, s.t.
- Gerald Ciolek, Milram, s.t.
- Franco Pellizotti, Liquigas, s.t.
No major GC changes:
- Fabian Cancellara, Saxo Bank
- Lance Armstrong, Astana, at 0.00.22
- Alberto Contador, Astana, at 0.19