No big GC battle, but Chris Anker Sorensen wins the stage, supposedly in tribute to a soon-to-be-announced new title sponsor for Riis and co. Stay tuned on whether Sunguard is the new name of the team. In light of today's racing, that would be the story of the day. Stage results:
- Chris Anker Sörensen, Saxo Bank
- Simone Stortoni, Colnago, at 30"
- Xavier Tondo, Cervelo, at 36"
- Evgeni Petrov, Katusha, at 49"
- John Gadret, AG2R at 55"
- Damiano Cunego, Lampre, at 56"
- Stefano Garzell, A&S, s.t.
- Alexandr Vinokourov, Astana, s.t.
- Cadel Evans, BMC, s.t.
- Ivan Basso, Liquigas, s.t.
- Vincenzo Nibali, Liquigas, s.t.
- Michele Scarponi, Androni, s.t.
- Bauke Mollema, Rabobank, s.t.
- Domenico Pozzovivo, Colnago, s.t.
- Kiserlovski, s.t.
- Bradley Wiggins, Sky, s.t.
- Richie Porte, Saxo Bank, s.t.
- Hubert Dupont, Cofidis, s.t.
- Marco Pinotti, HTC, s.t.
- David Arroyo, Caisse d'Epargne, s.t.
GC: No big changes, except Millar drops back. Sastre missed out on the split too, alas. Screencapo dello giorno:
Oh, and the live thread is here. Though, I think people should get used to clicking on "Live Races" in the menu, right under the PdC logo, to find the live threads. We're making a new habit of removing them from the front page shortly after races end so the page isn't too cluttered. Mille grazie! You're all beautiful.