Helloooo Manchester Track world! I don't love track, but I do love track pictures. Anyway, it's tempting to get carried away by what we've seen the last couple days:
- Robert Gesink wins Oman in truly dominant fashion, by 1:13, a next-best gap far larger than practically any other in the standings. He even won the time trial (not a typo).
- Theo Bos won two stages in Oman.
- Thomas Voeckler won the Tour du Haut Var with panache today, a nice late-stage attack with neo-pro Julien Antomarchi who opened his account with the stage win.
- Mark Cavendish won a sprint! Tyler Farrar did not.
- Tony Martin won his opening crono for 2011, and the Algarve GC in the process. Tejay Van Garderen second, which is more than you can say for Alberto Clentador (4th).
What does it mean? Well, let's just say that you should be aware of the risk of reading too much meaning into events. Or you'll end up like this guy:
Photo by Bryn Lennon, Getty Images Sport