Mark Cavendish won his third consecutive start in the Scheldeprijs today with relative ease over the expected sprint field, followed by Denis Galimzyanov of Katusha and FDJ's Yahueni Hutarovich. Tyler Farrar drew friendly fire when he was taken down by his best friend (off the bike), Leopard's Wouter Weylandt, but all appeared OK. Wind back through the action at our live thread.
- Mark Cavendish, HTC
- Denis Galimzyanov, Katusha, s.t.
- Yahueni Hutarovich, FDJ, s.t.
- Stefan van Dijk, Verandas Willems, s.t.
- Robbie McEwen, The Shack, s.t.
- Francesco Chicchi, Quick Step, s.t.
- Alexander Kristoff, BMC, s.t.
- Theo Bos, Rabobank, s.t.
- Frederique Robert, Quick Step, s.t.
- Kenny van Hummel, Skil, s.t.
Meanwhile, in the Basque Country, old friend Alexandre Vinokourov won with nobody else in the picture today, ahead of the field led home by Oscar Freire, Paul Martens and Pim Ligthart. Joaquim Rodriguez maintains the overall lead. Re-live the PV live thread HERE.