Here are the short highlights:
UPDATE! and 26-minute highlights too!
1. Chantal Blaak (Ned) Specialized-lululemon, 3:26:22
2. Amy Pieters (Ned) Liv-Shimano, s.t.
3. Roxane Knetemann (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, s.t.
4. Marianne Vos (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, + 00:05
5. Kirsten Wild (Ned) Liv-Shimano, s.t.
6. Lisa Brennauer (Ger) Specialized-lululemon, s.t.
7. Annemiek van Vleuten (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, s.t.
8. Lizzie Armitstead (GBr) Boels-Dolmans, s.t.
9. Lucinda Brand (Ned) Rabobank-Liv, s.t.
10. Emma Johansson (Swe) ORICA-AIS, s.t.
Big congratulations to Lizzie Armitstead, who won the World Cup series with one race to go
There are some fantastic sets of photos coming through too. One of my highlights of the Swedish races are Christer Hedberg‘s galleries – here’s his from the road race. I also love Sean Velofocus’ gallery, and the one on Vårgårda.nu. (I'm amazed any of these photos came out, and the photographers and their cameras didn't drown)
More videos: the full Swedish coverage of the race is on SVT (if you want to see it outside of Sweden, you might be able to watch with Hola or Tunnelbear set to Sweden) (thankyou Jens!). There’s be a 20 minute video from the UCI this week, too!
and Wiggle Honda‘s video, with on-bike camera footage
The final round of the Road World Cup will also be streamed live - the GP de Plouay, will also be streamed live, on the UCI website, on Saturday 30th August, from around 13:30 CEST (12:30pm UK BST; 9:30pm Aus AEST; 8:30am USA EST; 5:30am PST). It’s going to be great! But we don't have to wait until then for more video, as we have great footage from the Subaru National Road Series racing in Australia...
4 stages over 3 days in the Wangaratta wine country in Victoria. Here's Peloton Café's pre-race preview, presented by Peta Stewart - see if her predictions were right!
I really like the Cycling Australia videos for the way the riders tell the story of the stages:
Full results are here, and more great Peloton Café videos:
- Post-Stage 1 interview with Bec Wiasak
- Post Stage 2 interviews with Bec Wiasak and with Kristy Glover
- Stage 3 interviews with Bec Wiasak and with Rebecca Locke
- Stage 4 finish, interview with the Suzuki Brumbys, with Ruth Corset and with Kristy Glover
If you're wondering about the Trophée d'Or, the stage race running at the moment until 27th August, well, so are we. It's traditionally been The Invisible Race, and at least there is a website this year, but no video and very little information. There are photos galleries here, and stage results are on the FSA VDS site and on CyclingFever, and of course Velofocus has a preview, but it's taxing the detective skills of even the twitter obsessives, so if you find fun info or video, please do add it, and anything else you're enjoying, to the comments.